Instagram - Follow us @learninglounge

Friday, February 1, 2013

Poetry Paradise!


I Am Poems!

Here are the shared writing I Am Poems that I promised earlier this week.  After a lot of trial and error, I was finally able to upload them just as they were published.  The students chose their own fonts and I wanted to be sure to share them to the world they way that was intended!

I am so proud of their efforts!  These poems have alliteration, onomatopoeia and of course "juicy" words!  There are some really amazing lines that really make really imagine what is being described.  Most of the poems are somewhat of a mystery until the end.  Can you guess what each one is about before the reveal in the final line?

As another added bonus, our school is having a Poetry Contest for I Love to Read Month so we will be sure to enter these pieces!

Happy Reading!




6 comments:

  1. Wow these look amazing!I love all these awesome poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these look amazing!I love all these awesome poems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Steinhoff Jet,Kaynen and Tyler's peom is spelt wrong in one place. On the 6th line it says "I want to faster then a hare" and I think it is supposed to say "I want to be faster then a hare".

    P.S
    I leave in 5 hours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Elora! We will be sure to fix that on Monday! Have an amazing time in Cuba! Take lots of pictures, and if you have access, send us an email! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so much fun making poems. They look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making poems are so fun. Do you like working on poems? I hope we get to make more poems together because I like making poems. You are the best at helping us with poems!

    ReplyDelete